Jicama is a root vegetable that looks like a potato and taste like an apple!!! It is used, primarily, in Mexican recipes, salads or as a side dish. I used it as a simple side dish…with “simple” being the active word!!
Latest Entries »
This is by far one of the most delicious and EASIEST bread recipes, EVER
can of refrigerated Grands biscuits (not the flaky layers)
stick of butter
cloves of garlic, minced
cup grated Parmesan Cheese
tsp Italian Seasoning (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Throw the cold 1/2 stick of butter in a Bundt pan and let it melt in the preheating oven.
2. While the butter melts, cut the Grands biscuits into quarters. In a bowl, toss the biscuit pieces, garlic, Italian Seasoning, and Parmesan cheese together.
3. Once the butter is melted, add the biscuit mixture, sprinkling with any cheese and garlic that gets let behind in the bowl.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 20- 22 minutes until golden brown. Turn out on a dish and enjoy!
****Thank you Pinterest for showing me this fabulous & EASY RECIPE!!****
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 6 slices White Bread
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 1 cup (heaping) Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- 3/4 teaspoons Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/3 cup Minced Flat-leaf Parsley
- 4 whole Eggs, Beaten
- 10 slices Thin/regular Bacon
- 1-1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- Tabasco To Taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour milk over the bread slices. Allow it to soak in for several minutes.
Place the ground beef, milk-soaked bread, Parmesan, seasoned salt, salt, black pepper, and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Pour in beaten eggs.
With clean hands, mix the ingredients until well combined. Form the mixture into a loaf shape on a broiler pan, which will allow the fat to drain. (Line the bottom of the pan with foil to avoid a big mess!)
Lay bacon slices over the top, tucking them underneath the meatloaf.
Make the sauce: add ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and hot sauce in a mixing bowl. Stir together. Pour 1/3 of the mixture over the top of the bacon. Spread with a spoon.
Bake for 45 minutes, then pour another 1/3 of the sauce over the top. Bake for another 15 minutes. Slice and serve with remaining sauce.
Serve with mashed potatoes. Yummy!
Thank you Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman, for your delicious recipe!!!
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 c Hoisin Sauce
24 large sea scallops,
12 slices smoked bacon, halved
|1.||Stir together maple syrup, soy sauce, Hoisin Sauce and Dijon mustard in a bowl until smooth. Add the scallops, and toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate at least one hour.|
|2.||Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with a sheet of aluminum foil.|
|3.||Arrange bacon pieces on baking sheet so they do not overlap. Bake in preheated oven until some of the grease has rendered out of the bacon; the bacon should still be very soft and pliable, about 8 minutes. Remove bacon from the baking sheet and pat with paper towels to remove excess grease. Drain or wipe grease from the baking sheet.|
|4.||Wrap each scallop piece with a piece of bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Place onto baking sheet. Add marinade sauce to each scallop then put in oven.|
|5.||Bake in preheated oven until the scallops are opaque and the bacon is crisp, 10 to 15 minutes, turning once.|
Roasted Strawberry BBQ Sauce from Closet Cooking
A sweet, spicy and smoky strawberry BBQ sauce.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
And then the finished product which is absolutely DEEEELICIOUS!!!
****Thank you Kevin from Closet Cooking one of my most favorite Pinterest sites that I follow****
- Tortilla Chips 1/2 bag)
- 1 cup Grated Monterey Jack Cheese, Cheddar Cheese…or any other cheese you want to use, GRATED
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, seeded & diced
- 1/2 can Black beans drained (I used leftover)
- 1/2 med red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large Avocado, diced
- 1 thinly sliced Jalapeno (optional to your taste buds!)
- Chopped lettuce
- 1/2- 4oz can of chopped green chilies (again, optional for you gringo’s)
- Coarsley chopped Cilantro
- Sour Cream
- Tomatilla Sauce or Salsa…whatever you prefer
- Mexican Cheese (looks like feta)
- Spread chips on large plate that can fit in microowave
- Put grated cheese all around, and under chips..
- Put black beans, intermittently on top of cheese
- Zap in Microwave for about 30 seconds until cheese is semi melted
- Top with Avocado’s, lettuce, tomatoes, jalapeno, chilies, onions….you name it, put it on top!
- Then some sour cream
- Little Mexican Cheese, crumbled
- Then, My favorite…Tomatilla sauce or whatever sauce you like then Cilantro!!
Afterall, this is ALL about YOU!!!!!
- 1 potato, cleaned and poked with fork then put into microwave for 3 mins
- 1/4 c thinly sliced onions
- 1 garlic, chopped or 1 tsp of minced garlic from jar
- 2 TBS chopped green chilies from can
- 1/2 c chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 c chopped ham…or bacon…or whatever you have on hand!
- 1/2 c grated cheese…cheddar…monterey jack…swiss..put aside
- 2 eggs cracked and put into a cup
- seasonings that are to YOUR liking
- 2 TBS oil
- cook potato in microwave, then coarsely chop
- heat 2 TBS of oil in pan, add garlic and onion and cook 2 mins then add potatoes
- once potatoes are getting brown add ham, tomato, chilies and reduce heat and let brown
- once browned on both sides, spread potato mixture so there is a hole in the middle to pour your eggs into, forming a “nest” if you will.
- season the eggs, put the cheese on top of the potatoes and cover and cook till eggs are to your liking
- Then, carefully remove and put on a plate and voila!!!!!!!!
- 6 tomatillas
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 garlic clove, whole
- 1/4 c chopped onion
- 1/2 c water
- ***sugar if it is too hot for you****
- Get a blender or food processor and put aside
Now seriously, FOLKS….how simple is that???????