Roasted Strawberry BBQ Sauce from Closet Cooking
A sweet, spicy and smoky strawberry BBQ sauce.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
And then the finished product which is absolutely DEEEELICIOUS!!!
****Thank you Kevin from Closet Cooking one of my most favorite Pinterest sites that I follow****
Latest Entries »
- Tortilla Chips 1/2 bag)
- 1 cup Grated Monterey Jack Cheese, Cheddar Cheese…or any other cheese you want to use, GRATED
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, seeded & diced
- 1/2 can Black beans drained (I used leftover)
- 1/2 med red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large Avocado, diced
- 1 thinly sliced Jalapeno (optional to your taste buds!)
- Chopped lettuce
- 1/2- 4oz can of chopped green chilies (again, optional for you gringo’s)
- Coarsley chopped Cilantro
- Sour Cream
- Tomatilla Sauce or Salsa…whatever you prefer
- Mexican Cheese (looks like feta)
- Spread chips on large plate that can fit in microowave
- Put grated cheese all around, and under chips..
- Put black beans, intermittently on top of cheese
- Zap in Microwave for about 30 seconds until cheese is semi melted
- Top with Avocado’s, lettuce, tomatoes, jalapeno, chilies, onions….you name it, put it on top!
- Then some sour cream
- Little Mexican Cheese, crumbled
- Then, My favorite…Tomatilla sauce or whatever sauce you like then Cilantro!!
Afterall, this is ALL about YOU!!!!!
- 1 potato, cleaned and poked with fork then put into microwave for 3 mins
- 1/4 c thinly sliced onions
- 1 garlic, chopped or 1 tsp of minced garlic from jar
- 2 TBS chopped green chilies from can
- 1/2 c chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 c chopped ham…or bacon…or whatever you have on hand!
- 1/2 c grated cheese…cheddar…monterey jack…swiss..put aside
- 2 eggs cracked and put into a cup
- seasonings that are to YOUR liking
- 2 TBS oil
- cook potato in microwave, then coarsely chop
- heat 2 TBS of oil in pan, add garlic and onion and cook 2 mins then add potatoes
- once potatoes are getting brown add ham, tomato, chilies and reduce heat and let brown
- once browned on both sides, spread potato mixture so there is a hole in the middle to pour your eggs into, forming a “nest” if you will.
- season the eggs, put the cheese on top of the potatoes and cover and cook till eggs are to your liking
- Then, carefully remove and put on a plate and voila!!!!!!!!
- 6 tomatillas
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 garlic clove, whole
- 1/4 c chopped onion
- 1/2 c water
- ***sugar if it is too hot for you****
- Get a blender or food processor and put aside
Now seriously, FOLKS….how simple is that???????
- A whole chicken, cooked or rotisserie cooked chicken, skin removed and shredded and put in bowl
- 4 roma tomatoes, 3 sliced and 1 diced
- 1 onion sliced thinly and separated BUT chop 1/4 c to put in with cooked shredded chicken & diced tomatoes.
- 1 lb Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded and put aside
- 1/2 head of lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/4 c oil
- Homemade Enchilada Sauce (see blog under Enchilada Sauce) or 2 -14 oz cans of red enchilada Sauce
- 1- 8 oz container sour cream
- Mexican Cheese (Like Feta Cheese)
- 9×13 greased glass pan
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees
- Gather ALL your ingredients. Slice, dice, shred & chop and put aside
- Have your Enchilada Sauce made (see blog for EASY recipe) or put 2 cans into pan & heat.
- Take diced tomato & 1/4c of minced onion into pan with 1 TBS oil and saute. Then add 3 cups of shredded chicken and mix
- Put 1/4 c of oil into another saute pan, and heat. take corn tortilla, one by one and cook about 30 seconds on each side then put on paper towel and drain. Continue with all 12 tortillas.
- Now take the cooked tortillas and with a tong, dip into the enchilada sauce on BOTH sides then take some of the chicken mixture and put on edge of tortilla and then roll “snugly” and put into greased 9×13 pan.
- Next, cover each one lightly with Sour Cream
- Then cover with shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Next layer with sliced tomatoes & sliced onions
- Add sliced Avocado & dollops of sour cream on top
- Add more shredded Monterey Jack Cheese and put into 325 degree oven until cheese has melted…about 20 mins
- When cheese has melted, take out. To plate, put 2 enchilada’s on plate. Top with shredded lettuce, sour cream and drizzle enchilada sauce on top. I added more avocado’s and sliced tomato and even some Tomatilla Sauce that I made. Then topped the whole plate with the Mexican Cheese that looks like Feta Cheese!! It’s totally up to you!!! Remember, I am giving you the guide and then you can do whatever you want after that!!! Voila!!!
And MOST IMPORTANT….don’t forget the Cerveza’s!!!
In a COLD glass squeeze 1 lime (or more if you like it!!)
Pour 1/4 cup Clamato Juice or Tomato Juice
3-4 good shakes of Worcestershire Sauce
Pour in any light colored beer
Then down the hatch it goes!!!!
***** you can add some hot sauce, cayenne pepper, Tabasco…you name it!!*****
This is a wonderful, refreshing drink here in Mexico!! It’s like a Bloody Mary with Beer!!
- 4 -4 oz red snapper fillets
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt, pepper, paprika & cinnamon (it was used by mistake and tasted quite good)
- Rub both sides of fillet with EVOO
- season generously with S & P, some paprika and if you are daring….cinnamon
- put EVOO into non stick pan, let it heat then add fillets skin side UP and cook about 3 mins and then turn over and cook another 3 or until fish is flaky when separated with fork
Add Mango Salsa on top and serve. (see Mango Salsa recipe below)
- 2 roma tomatoes seeded & diced
- 2 mangos, peeled & diced
- 1 small red pepper, cored, seeded & chopped coarsely
- 1 small red onion, diced
- ½ small Jicima peeled & diced
- ¼ c chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 med garlic, peeled & minced
- ½ jalapeño chili, seeded & minced (more if you want!!)
- 2 limes juiced
- ¼ c of mango or orange juice
Mix all in a bowl then put in the refrigerator, covered, for 1-4 hours!!!
Ceviche a la Lupita
Feeds 8 easily
- 1 mahi-mahi filet, thinly sliced then diced or similar mild fish
- ½ lb med shrimp, deveined
- 1 med pot with water, bring to boil
- 10 key limes
- 2 Roma tomatoes seeded & diced
- ½ med onion, diced small
- 1 bottle ketchup
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Take diced mahi-mahi and put in bowl. Squeeze 7 of the 10 limes into the bowl and marinade, turning frequently for at least 10 mins.
- Take the shrimp and put into billing water for 2-3 mins then remove and dice, put into bowl with Mahi and stir and let sit for 5 mins.
- Take the diced tomato & diced onion and toss in bowl. Then add the chopped cilantro.
- Now, take the Mahi & Shrimp mixture and by the handful, take it out and “squeeze” the marinade out of it and then put into tomato mixture
- Once that is done, add the bottle of ketchup & then rinse out bottle with 1 cup of OJ and put into mixture, with oregano, S & P and then squeeze the last three limes and the diced avocado Stir it up and taste it.
- For those who want a little more “kick”, add some picante or hot sauce and then cover with saran wrap and put in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours and then VOILA!!!
Serve on a bed of lettuce, or in a cup with crackers…whatever you like!! Best part….it’s even better the 2nd day! ENJOY!!!
Take diced shrimp and put into boiling water for 2-3 mins, drain and add to Mahi Mixture
Mixed tomatoes & onion
Squeeze excess marinade from fish mixture and add to tomato mixture
Add 1 bottle of ketchup to mixture
Add 1 cup of OJ to Ketchup bottle then pour into mixture
Add your last 3 limes
Add Avocado and then season with Oregano, S & P
Put it in fridge and in 2-3 hours top it with sprigs of Cilantro and then ENJOY!!